Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to modify kernel testbench in Vivado

Good day!

I've created kernel with testbench in Vivado using kernel wizard. And question is how can I modify testbench in Vivado generated by wizard and change input test data? I want to read data from file and write it through kernel input data inteface from tb. Testbench is to difficult to understand and it's consists of a lot of blocks which can't be opened by structure view in Vivado. Files are to complex to read and properly modify. Can you show me what strings to change in tb file? Also is there any good document on how to modify that vivado wizard testbench and simulate?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

It looks more like a simulation question for me.

You can try to import all the simulation files into a vivado project, then it will be easier for to understand the hierarchy, instead of reading the plain text.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, it's simaulation question. And this is standart Xilinx project which was generated by wizard with testbench. I even can't figure out what files to add to Vivado.

Can you write here list of files from testbench and show what strings to modify in files to perform using of my own custom input data and etalon output data for DUT? That's not so easy to understand hierarchy and how testbench works. There are sufficient coments on functions and processes. Also may be you have some docs on it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Still need an answer! Please read my last message from that topic
0 Kudos