UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor loldaa
Visitor

vcu1525 multi-bank error bug

Hi, everyone

I'm using the following environment 

SDx:2017.4  

board:vcu1525 

dsa:xilinx_vcu1525_dynamic_5_0

The problem is  when I try to use the multi DDR banks,I cannot read (enqueueMigrateMemObjects) the correct data from other banks except bank0.

I already checked the software and hardware simulation results, they are totally OK.

However, in the real system run, it just can not return the correct value from devices to host memory.

And I can get the correct results from my other board KCU1500.

After some debug time I found a little strange thing here

p1.jpg

I'm using DDR bank 3(it is clear since I using gmem3  also --sp map it to bank3 and all the related work), but the system report say It's DDR bank 2.

Then I think may be some problem with bank 3 so I change all interfaces bind to bank 2 but it showsp2.jpg

And, I must say again, in both cases I can get the correct date from soft and hardware simulation, but in system run the data from other banks (except bank 0)can not go back to host vector.

Through a lot of efforts  , I found something may be useful by using xbsak command

p3.jpg

In the mem topology part, the mem sequence is not very reasonable.

By the way I can show the similar mem topology which KCU1500 used

p4.jpg

I don't know this is the reason or not, does someone have the same problems?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: vcu1525 multi-bank error bug

Hi,

Have you check the vivado log of system build? Are there any error or critical warning, especially timing violations?

Regards,

Sean

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos