UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor snorwin
Visitor

Configuration readback through PCIe

Jump to solution

I'm working on an FPGA project that includes a KCU1500 and is using the SDAccel environment. I was wondering how do I read back the configuration on the FPGA through PCI express? Is it possible to download the entire bitstream from the FPGA back to the host? Or does an interface exist that could be used to extract the BRAM or the CLB using PCIe and which is accessible through the `xclmgmt` device driver? Because the exposed interfaces XVC, MCAP, ICAP on the AXI Bridge for PCIe aren't seem to support a read back as far as I know.

Has anyone had tried something similar? Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Configuration readback through PCIe

Jump to solution

Not possible to read back bitstream.

It's possible to read board status and some other info. Check xbsak usage in chapter 7 of UG1279.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Configuration readback through PCIe

Jump to solution

Not possible to read back bitstream.

It's possible to read board status and some other info. Check xbsak usage in chapter 7 of UG1279.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos