UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ygchoi0521
Visitor

SDAccel Host Processor Architecture

Hello! I'm newbie on Xilinx SDAccel Platform.

I'd like to setup SDAccel to evaluate HW acceleration of several softwares such as SQL, string match, text filter and so on.

According to ug1164, SDAccel is working on x86_64 architecture via PCIe bus.

Here is my question about SDAccel, "Does some way exist to executing SDAccel-generated Accelerator in ARM server?"

I've found Xilinx provides Linux kernel driver source codes such as xcldma driver, so it seems that I can port those code to ARM version.

However, I cannot sure about some user applications like XOCC and Runtimes.

Is it possible to execute SDAccel-generated Accelerator on ARM server? If possible, how to?

Please let me know about it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: SDAccel Host Processor Architecture

Can you tell us more about this server (eg. how the FPGA is connected to it)?

The obvious "ARM + FPGA" server would be Zynq-powered, with the ARM and FPGA all in one chip. For this application there is a dedicated toolchain, SDSoC.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

this tutorial may help you

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug1021-sdaccel-intro-tutorial.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor ygchoi0521
Visitor

Thank you for your comment.

In my development configuration, FPGA boards should be connected to an ARM processor via PCIe bus (for expandability).

I'm finding appropriate ARM server model, provided by Cavium, Qualcomm, AppliedMicro, etc.

Maybe SDSoC can be solution for early development stage, but my goal is expandability, so it cannot be solution for long period.

My final goal is building a system which contains an ARM processor, FPGA boards, a network card, and other many PCIe devices. All devices in the system should be connected to ARM processor's PCIe rootcomplex since ARM processor will manage operations of PCIe devices.

Can you give me some guides or tips to setup this kind of environment?

0 Kudos