UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDAccel on vc709 or custom board

Jump to solution

On this page it is said that SDAccel is supported only by three development boards of Xilinx.

I couldn.t find any information about hardware or schematechnic requirements of SDAccel implementations. For example, why I can't run SDAccel on vc709, if I can run it on ADM-PCIE-7V3 -- there are the same XC7VX690T and PCIe Gen3x, for example. 

What is missing?

Also, what I should provide on my custom board to run SDAccel?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDAccel on vc709 or custom board

Jump to solution

Please check the UG below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug1164-sdaccel-platform-development.pdf

@alexey123 wrote:

On this page it is said that SDAccel is supported only by three development boards of Xilinx.

I couldn.t find any information about hardware or schematechnic requirements of SDAccel implementations. For example, why I can't run SDAccel on vc709, if I can run it on ADM-PCIE-7V3 -- there are the same XC7VX690T and PCIe Gen3x, for example. 

What is missing?

Cheers,
Jim
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please check the UG below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug1164-sdaccel-platform-development.pdf

@alexey123 wrote:

What is missing?

Cheers,
Jim
Observer gorker
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi
I also have a VC709 board and I would like to explore SDAccel on this board. Has anyone managed to support the VC709 including Xilinx engineers? Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer ghazale
Observer

Jump to solution
I have faced with a problem just like you. Did you find the answer? Could you please help me too. Thanks
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

For any custom board, besides the basic board being functional and having a working PCIe link, there are additional steps required to make it into an SDAccel platform. Please see the link shared in earlier response by ywu for details. 

Amit

0 Kudos
Observer ghazale
Observer

Jump to solution

I tried to do the manual (ug1164) step by step. Unfortunately, I couldn't find out which IPs should be added to have a full required Accelerator system.

I have added:

- SDAccel OpenCL Block

- 2* AXI interconnect

- DDR3 SRAM MIG

- DMA/Bridge Subsystem for PCIe 3.0

What should I add to have a simple accelerator on my own board?

My board includes: xcku085-flva1517-3 + PCIe 3 + DDR3

Tags (1)
0 Kudos