UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

SdAccle 2017.1 + KCU1500: enqueueReadBuffer from Device to Host fails with "ERROR: Failed to sync 1024/-1 bytes"

Highlighted
Visitor

SdAccle 2017.1 + KCU1500: enqueueReadBuffer from Device to Host fails with "ERROR: Failed to sync 1024/-1 bytes"

Hi,

During the execution of test on the host, observing error similar to this in some cases.

ERROR: Failed to sync 1024/-1 bytes

Initially saw this only bigger buffer size. However it has become more frequent and is now happening even at 1 KB

Debugging showed that this is during rad back of device data into Host. This code has worked realizably so far

q.enqueueReadBuffer(buffer_c, CL_TRUE, 0, vector_size_bytes, result_krnl.data());

What could be causing this? Has anyone seen this?

1. Host memory being corrupted?

2. Device (FPGA) being corrupted/

3. Timing issue on Device (FPGA)?

4. Data Type (int32 vs int?)

5. Buffer size?

Regards

Prasad

Visitor

Re: SdAccle 2017.1 + KCU1500: enqueueReadBuffer from Device to Host fails with "ERROR: Failed to sync 1024/-1 bytes"

Hello

I have not seen any suggestion for my original post. Unfortunately this issue still exists

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions to work around or fix this

Regards

Prasad 

Xilinx Employee

Re: SdAccle 2017.1 + KCU1500: enqueueReadBuffer from Device to Host fails with "ERROR: Failed to sync 1024/-1 bytes"

hi @pkuruganti

would help if you can provite small testcase and/or : 

1. dmesg log, OS info, driver version info, PCI bus info, what board, maybe are what all OpenCL platforms on the system.
    2. did you try new SDAccel 2017.2 or older and whta's the status etc
    3. can you check that your drivers, if need to force reinstall: from xbinst board package: ./install.sh -f yes -k yes

thank you !

- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Visitor

Hi Herve

I am installing 2017.2,

However the issue is not on all designs, which indicates that the drivers, board and OS, PCIE slot are working

Board is =>  KCU1500

PCIE is reporting => Gen3, x8

LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x8, ASPM unknown, Latency L0 unlimited, L1 unlimited
   ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-

OS (from uname -r) : 4.1.15.pnotify

SDAccel Version => 2017.1

OpenCL:

The OpenCL code has beffers defined for inputs and outputs to kernel. Kenel is a simple MAC (multiply-add). The issue seems to happen when the buffer is filled  (result of MAC), i.e readback from kernel

Hope this helps

Regards

Prasad

Regards

Prasad

Visitor

BTW: If you have setup, I may be able to send a small test case, that you can build and try on your side