UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor asimroy
Visitor

Unable to find emconfig.json when tried running SDAccel from command line

While running SDx 2018.2 from the command line. I am getting an Error : 'CRITICAL WARNING: [SDx-EM 08-0] Unable to find emconfig.json. Using default device "xilinx:pcie-hw-em:7v3:1.0" ' 

My emconfig.json file is in the same directory as the host application.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Unable to find emconfig.json when tried running SDAccel from command line

Did you run 'emconfigutil' command to create the emulation configuration file for the target platform?

Also ensure you set XCL_EMULATION_MODE to sw_emu or hw_emu to change the application execution to emulaiton mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor asimroy
Visitor

I have set the XCL_EMULATION_MODE to sw_emu. The emconfig file is generated and is found from the .cpp program. However, I want to run this .cpp from a python shell using Boost. The code runs, but it is not able to find the emconfig.json file there. I searched online, but could not find a suitable answer to this question, as it should be seen from the python terminal if it is seen from g++, as both share the same PWD.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @asimroy

please check from the host code with c system calls what is the pwd and the file, and the env variable. it looks the sub-shell from python is not what you are expecting. 

good luck

- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos