UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

CHaiDNN-v2 error: ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

Hi guys, 

Do you know why I'm having these 2 errors?

How can I solve them?

I've followed the "Creating SDx GUI Project" guide.

ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

C:\CHaiDNN\CHaiDNN_v2\Release>exit /b 1 
ERROR: [SdsCompiler 83-5019] Exiting sds++ : Error when calling 'C:/Xilinx/SDx/2018.2/bin/llvm-link -o C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/sds_all.o C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/caffe.pb.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/caffe_network_parser.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xgraph.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xi_funcs.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xtract_opt.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xtract_utility.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_crop.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_fc_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_format_converter_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_nms_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_norm_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_permute_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_swsoftmax_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_perf_eval.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_scheduler.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_thread_routines.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_utils.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/interface/xi_interface.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/interface/xi_readwrite_util.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/init/xi_init.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/include/xchange_structs.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/imageread/xi_input_image.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/example/googlenet_ex.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/custom/custom_class.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/common/kernelinfo_class.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/common/xi_kernels.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/checkers/checkers.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/bufmgmt/xi_buf_mgmt.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/wrapper/dnn_wrapper.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/pool/src/pooling_layer_dp_2xio_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/deconv/src/xi_deconv_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/conv/src/xi_convolution_top.s'

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: CHaiDNN-v2 error: ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

Hi @kardec,

We are looking into this issue. We have identified the problem and expecting it to be resolved soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: CHaiDNN-v2 error: ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

Hi @kardec,

The issue has been fixed and pushed to master. Pull the latest from GitHub.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, I've seen that.

I'm building the project with that modification right now, but it takes a lot of time to finish the build.

Is there any way that I can speed up the compilation process?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@kardec

You may need to run hardware builds probably on a better machine with larger RAM and faster CPU to reduce build time. 

I don't think there is any other way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos