Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Custom Platform Generation

Hi,

I want to generate custom platform for Redpitaya Board. Support SDSoC such Boards ? when yes, how can i do that? what is the tcl commands to export the vivado hardware design to sdsoc ? is it the same like zedboard ? it dont work like zedboard. And what about the Software platform how can generate it for the same Board ? (hardware.pfm and software.pfm)

I know the ug1146 but there no informations about this Board.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use any zynq board, but you need to define a custom platform from scratch (using one of the samples to start).

UG1146 explains the process in general, but there's nothing specific to the Red Pitaya. Ro you will need to read and understand the flow from UG1146 for creating a custom platform and do that.

I'd recommend starting by looking at the base zed or zc702 platforms. They are relatively simple because there is nothing else in the PL in the platform.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The Problem is with this tcl command :

sdsoc::pfm_name $pfm "xilinx.com" "xd" "zc702" "1.0"    (for zedboard)

is it the same for Redpitaya ? and "xd" the same , because i did the same thing  but it didnt work. I wrote the description in software and hardware file in the same way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Yeah, that should be basically the same. You're defining the name for your platform, so it's pretty flexible. What exactly is the issue you had when you tried it?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos