UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer stefanoribes
Observer

Getting started with OpenCL on SDSoC (ZC702)

Hi everyone,

I've recently started using SDSoC with the 60-days free license. My target is to run OpenCL applications on my ZC702 board (on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine). I've downloaded the examples from the SDSoC_Examples, and tried to run hello_vadd_ocl project.

When I run the Makefile I get this error message. The tool seems complaining about my license:

Building Target: build/zcu102_es2_ocl_hw/vadd.xo
/opt/Xilinx/SDx/2017.2/bin/xocc -t hw --platform zcu102_es2_ocl --save-temps  --clkid 0 -c -k vadd --messageDb build/zcu102_es2_ocl_hw/vadd.mdb -I"src" --xp misc:solution_name=_xocc_compile_vadd -o"build/zcu102_es2_ocl_hw/vadd.xo" "src/vadd.cl"

****** xocc v2017.2_sdx (64-bit)
  **** SW Build 1972098 on Wed Aug 23 11:34:38 MDT 2017
    ** Copyright 1986-2017 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Attempting to get a license: ap_opencl
WARNING: [XOCC 17-301] Failed to get a license for 'ap_opencl'. Explanation: The license server does not support feature ap_opencl. The feature has expired (on the server), or has not yet started, or the version is greater than the highest supported version.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ". 
ERROR: Uncaught Exception -- ERROR: [XOCC 60-400] Failed to get a license: ap_opencl

Makefile:41: recipe for target 'build/zcu102_es2_ocl_hw/vadd.xo' failed
make: *** [build/zcu102_es2_ocl_hw/vadd.xo] Error 1

However, if I check License Manager, I see 'ap_opencl_soc', not 'ap_opencl'. Are they related? Does this matter at all? (I left unchanged the target platform, but it should work anyhow, right?)

Aside question: apart from running scripts, is there any guide to run OpenCL in the GUI or a step-by-step procedure I can look at? Perhaps specifically intended for SDSoC and not SDAccel?

Thanks, Best,

Stefano

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Getting started with OpenCL on SDSoC (ZC702)

Hi Stefano,

Im not sure about the licensing problem, but I think only the MPSoC devices on zcu102 board are currently supported for OpenCL.

It might be easier for you to just request an SDAccel license to get around this issue.

Sam
0 Kudos
Visitor awiegersma
Visitor

Re: Getting started with OpenCL on SDSoC (ZC702)

I'm having exactly the same problem and the same error messages. Is there a solution yet?

0 Kudos