UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tsing_chen
Visitor

How make CHaiDNN run faster

Hello all, 

I can run CHaiDNN successfully on ZCU102. 

However, I don't know how make CHaiDNN run faster. Do you have a plan to make it come true?

thanks in advance, 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor dmdwije
Visitor

Re: How make CHaiDNN run faster

What scale of improvement do you need? I was able to make it faster by pipelining multiple images. I obtained 10% increase in performance (images per second) by pipelining two images. In original CHaiDNN source code, it executes one image at a time. You have to edit the xi_scheduler.cpp and <example>_ex.cpp(googlenet_ex.cpp) codes to do that. 

Visitor tsing_chen
Visitor

Thanks your advise,

Today, I notice the number of images just 1 in hw_setting.h and xi_scheduler.cpp

//# Number of images in the Queue
#define NUM_IMG 1

int totalImages = NUM_IMG;//total_layers;

So I have the same idea as you. Two images is not enough this issue , maybe wo can try pipelining 10 or 100 images to show how effective this method is.

Perhaps there are different ways to make it faster, like using more DSP or reduce weights loading time. If you have more methods, please leave a message here, I will reply as faster as I can.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos