UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to build xfDNN project in sdx?

Highlighted
Visitor

How to build xfDNN project in sdx?

I downloaded demo files named xfDNN-SDx-2017.2-Lounge-2017-09-07 from Xilinx. I have tried makefile and successfully compiled those and tested it on zcu102. Right now I am wondering how to compile those examples in sdx.

I added all required includes and libraries in the project settings and passed the compilation. When I was testing it, It printed error:

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 23.46.46.png And found the error generated during executing the  xfdnn_exec() function. I have following two questions:

1. How to fix this bug? If these examples can be only compiled with the makefile, is the propagation on the official website saying that the developing environment is sdx a lie? https://www.xilinx.com/applications/megatrends/machine-learning.html?utm_campaign=machhine&utm_source=aem&utm_medium=hprmo-en-r2&utm_term=&utm_content=learning.html

2. In case that the fact is that I just cannot compile it with sdx gui, is that possible to modify these examples to take the hdmi port on zcu102 and compile those only with the makefile?

Participant

Re: How to build xfDNN project in sdx?

@haojinAt this point, I would suggest that you might want to start with the newly released CHaiDNN open-source project.  The historic xfDNN lounge designs have today been released as CHaiDNN.  In the main readme.md file you will see that there is a link which provides instructions as to how to build using the SDx GUI.

https://github.com/Xilinx/CHaiDNN

https://github.com/Xilinx/CHaiDNN/blob/master/BUILD_USING_SDX_GUI.md

Does this answer your question?

--Quenton

Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I followed the guide for SDx Gui to build the project. However, it failed with this error. In symbol, I only included __Sdsoc  Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks256061522045470_.pic_hd.jpg.png

Participant

@haojin  It appears that you are not alone in seeing this issue when attempting to use the GUI to build the design.  See this post:

https://github.com/Xilinx/CHaiDNN/issues

Visitor

You just need to exclude the .cpp examples from the build in /src/design/software/example. You can keep one example if you didn't write your own application. The build should work then. You also can build the project by using the provided makefile.

Visitor

@neutrinoxyhi,i only keep the googlenet_ex.cpp in the /example, but the build turns Integration error as follow:

Do you know what happened?what should i do ?

thanks a lot!

1.jpg
2.jpg
Visitor

Hi,

Can you post your log file ('_sds/reports/sds.log') here ? It could be very helpful.

Visitor

Visitor

Thanks. I'll investigate more later, but in your SDS++ Linker command you wrote :

--xp \"param:compiler.skipTimingCheckAndFrequencyScaling=1\"

I'm not sure about your syntax, you could try :

-xp param:compiler.skipTimingCheckAndFrequencyScaling=1

I don't know how the linker handles the ' \" ' characters.

Tell me if it changes something.

Visitor

Hi,thanks for your reminding,  I have checked the  SDS++ Linker command in C/C++ Build Settings, but it shows the same as yours.

I guess it may be the syntax in .log file  :

--xp \"param:compiler.skipTimingCheckAndFrequencyScaling=1\"

Does it appear in your file? Looking forward to your reply.

3.jpg