UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to use reVision on custom hpfm?

Hello, 

I have tried to use reVision on my custom hardware platform (hpfm (.dsa file)) ?
Now I opened .dsa file with open_dsa command from the reVision sample (zc702_trd) and reference the block design.

But there is no sample script (zc702_pfm.tcl) to create hpfm, unlike SDx samples.

Concretely, reVision sample is based on the use of the FMC-IMAGEON card for HDMI I/O.

But I don't have it and have an another FMC HDMI I/O card.

So, I want to fix only the constraint file of reVision sample, first of all.

Would you tell me how to write script to making hpfm ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to use reVision on custom hpfm?

Hi Yamashita,

You need to use some tcl commands to generate hpfm file on vivado tcl shell. Open the sdx version vivado and checkout tcl commands under sdsoc:: namespace. The detailed procedures to generate hpfm using these tcl commands can be found in SDSoC Tcl Commands in Vivado . And also the detailed procedure to prepare block design can be found in Hardware Platform Creation .

Reimond

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Guys,

the _pfm.tcl script is used as a source in the process of generating the platform (and the *.dsa). But it is not included in the output platform (think of it as a binary, rather than a self contained zip of the input source files). 

In the SDSoC installation directory, there is a "platforms" folder that has the output platforms (binaries). And there is also "samples/sdspfm" which includes the sources to some platforms.

Sam

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Guys,

Please find attached below, the zc702_pfm.tcl which is the file that was used to create the reVision platform for the zc702 board.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi, @zzr348610621 Reimond,

I knew that I had to make tcl command for vivado_sdx according to "SDSoC Environment Help".

But I can't understand completely tcl commands to create .dsa files and it's still too difficult to make tcl script match the sample block design for me.

So I wanted some reference scripts.

Thank you so much for reply!

0 Kudos

Hi, @skalicky

Thank you so much for your reply and script file !

I will try understand it and create a zc702 hardware platform for reVision by it.

0 Kudos

Hi, @skalicky

I tried creating pfm with the tcl script you give me, but I could not create it.

Because some ip module are locked. (Multilayer Video Controller, Video Test Pattern Generator, avnet_hdmi_in)

I will add another modules instead of them in reference vivado project and try createing pfm.

If you know another better way to avoid locked modules, would you please tell me it ?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

Locked IP happens for a couple of reasons:

1. IP definition is missing (fix IP repo path)
2. IP is out of date (need to open BD and upgrade)

Sam
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure how to generate .dsa file. According to SDSoC Environment Help, the last phase is to use vivado to archive hardware design. I have tried. It actually generates .zip file not the .dsa. Inside the zip archive, files are totally different from what inside a dsa file. The dsa file from Revision Stack actually contains ipcache, custom ip repo and rebuilt.tcl to recreate the vivado project.

I'm not sure how to generate that, but as far as I know, you can simply put the vivado project files under <platform>/hw/vivado and put the generated .hpfm in its parent folder. You can check zcu102_trd files for more details.

You can apply for a evaluation license key for the Test Pattern Generator IP. I'm not sure where you can get Multilayer Video Controller and avnet_hdmi_in. Maybe you can find it in avnet's github

Reimond

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Guys,

You should definitely use sdspfm to generate your platform (UG1146). Its the easiest way, and has the highest chance of success with the least possible user-mistakes. The SDSoC platform utility (sdspfm) generates the whole platform directory structure, so you shouldn't need to place file at specific locations.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

It took so much time to unlock these IPs.
I did the following because some IPs were locked.

* v_tpg_1 (Video Test Pattern Generatoor (Xilinx))
        * It is like different version to one in SDx2017.2.
        * The IP version in SDx2017.2 is 7.0(Rev.6).
        * => I changed it to SDx2017.2 IP.

* fmc_imageon_hdmi_in_1 (avnet_hdmi_in)
        * avnet_hdmi_in is opened on github. (as @skalicky told me.
        * => I changed it to the newest IP.

* logicvc_1 (Multilayer Video Controller (Xylon))
        * I got an evaluate license (that locked to MAC Address Locked) from Xylon.

In result, I could create the pfm for reVision Stack,

but could not build sample SDx project because of the following error.

Generating data motion network
INFO: [DMAnalysis 83-4494] Analyzing hardware accelerators...
ERROR: [DMAnalysis 83-4432] Interface type of port p_src_data_V_q0 of accelerator bilateral_filter_accel not supported!
make: *** [chk_pfm.elf] エラー 1
/opt/Xilinx/SDx/2017.2/bin/XidanePass: 1: /opt/Xilinx/SDx/2017.2/bin/XidanePass: gawk: not found
Data motion generation exited with return code 1
- errors detected
ERROR: [SdsCompiler 83-5019] Exiting sds++ : Error when calling '/opt/Xilinx/SDx/2017.2/bin/XidanePass --platform zc702_trd --dmclkid 0 --repo /home/tetsuo/reVision/ws_zc702_custom_0_replace/chk_pfm/Release/_sds/.cdb/xd_ip_db.xml --dmdb /opt/Xilinx/SDx/2017.2/data/DM.db -os linux -processor cortex-a9 '

Would you tell me how to avoid this error?

Tetsuo

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

0 Kudos

Hi @skalicky,

Thank you to teaching SDSoC pragma!

There is a question about interrupt.

The reVision hpfm have a static S_AXI_HP0 for DMA (to input hdmi data and output hdmi data).

I think that some interrupts is needed to get input hdmi data in optical flow(live) sample.

But, in hpfm, they is only written in comment box and constant is connected to five interrupt ports.

zc702_trd.png

How are intterupts detectd in SDSoC application ?

Is there how to make something files to using in SDSoC?

0 Kudos