cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Installing Artix 7 devices definitions on SDSoC Vivado 2016.2

Hi everybody,

I've installed the SDSoC 2016.2 environment, which includes Vivado 2016.2 with support for Zynq and Zynq Ultrascale+ devices. However, I would like to use the same Vivado 2016.2 installation for working on Artix 7 devices, by using it outside the SDSoC flow (just as a plain, stand-alone Vivado installation).

The problem is that, either in the SDSoC setup interface or in the "Add Design Tools or Devices" interface, I am not able to add any device other than the above mentioned Zynq and Zynq Ultrascale+ series. Nevertheless, I noticed that I am able to do that if I download and install a stand-alone Vivado 2016.2 version).

Is there any way to include the Artix 7 series within the SDSoC Vivado installation? Or I need to install a second plain Vivado version to be used outside the SDSoC flow, even if I already have the same Vivado version within the SDSoC setup?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Paolo,

Currently SDSoC installs Vivado underneath and is restricted to Zynq and Zynq MPSoC devices. You'll have to install a 2nd Vivado in order to use any other devices.

Sam

0 Kudos