UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sbuschjaeger
Observer

Namespaces in SDSoC

Hi,

I am using SDSoC 2016.2 on ubuntu 14.04, but for some reason namespaces wont compile. I have a namespace "Tree" with some function, e.g. "getLeaf(...)". I do not want to move getLeaf(..) to PL, but just compile it. I get the following error:

.../SDDebug/_sds/est/Tree.o: In function `Tree::getLeaf(float const*)':
.../SDDebug/_sds/est/Tree.cpp:176: undefined reference to `Tree::_sds_sw_getLeaf'

If I leave-out the namespaces, everything compiles & runs as expected.

Sidenote: getLeaf(..) is also not recognized by SDSoC when I want to move it to PL.  

Are namespaces supported by SDSoC? If not, what would be a recommended way to structure code? Classes with static functions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Namespaces in SDSoC

Hi sbuschjaeger,

SDSoC doesnt support namespaces/class-member functions that are marked as hardware functions.

Can you share the sources for you application? If you dont want to publish them here publicly you can private message me as well. It looks like you may have stumbled onto a bug.

Thanks
Sam

0 Kudos