UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor user_jay
Visitor

Problems implementing VideoCapture from OpenCV2

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the basic cv::VideoCapture class reference in my code, but I have trouble including the library "opencv2/opencv.hpp". 

Could someone shed some light on the steps to include the opencv2 library in the SDSoC project? Or is there an alternative to using the cv::VideoCapture class in SDSoC?

Thanks so much!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Problems implementing VideoCapture from OpenCV2

Hi Jay,

SDSoC doesn't include any 3rd party libraries like OpenCV. If you want to use OpenCV, you'll need to get the libraries and set them up just like on any regular linux machine (ie. PC). Normally this means putting the lib<whatever>.so files somewhere and then setting up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is standard linux setup, not related to SDSoC.

You'll need to edit the C/C++ Build Settings in the GUI to add the OpenCV include path to the location of the headers on your PC. This is standard Eclipse stuff, not specific to SDSoC.

Maybe you should try getting an OpenCV running by just compiling it outside of SDSoC with Eclipse/SDK first. Then the same steps apply to get it to work with SDSoC.

Sam
0 Kudos