UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

SDSOC Platform with XADC

Jump to solution

I am trying to create an SDSOC platform with XADC included on a Digilent Zybo Zynq (Zc701) board. I have followed Adam Taylor's MicroZed Chronicles, so far I have a Vivado design with XADC included which works fine, it displays the internal temperature over UART. Now I am trying to create an SDSOC platform following part 108 of Adam's blog. He uses Sdsoc 2015, but I am using SDSOC 2016.2.

How do I convert these 6 properties to SDSoc 2016.2

set_param project.enablePlatformHandoff true;
set_property SDSOC_PFM.CLOCK_ID 0 [get_bd_pins /processing_system7_0/FCLK_CLK0];
set_property SDSOC_PFM.MARK_SDSOC true [get_bd_pins /processing_system7_0/FCLK_CLK0];
set_property SDSOC_PFM.MARK_SDSOC true [get_bd_pins /rst_processing_system7_0_100M/interconnect_aresetn];
set_property SDSOC_PFM.MARK_SDSOC true [get_bd_pins /rst_processing_system7_0_100M/peripheral_aresetn];
set_property SDSOC_PFM.MARK_SDSOC true [get_bd_pins /rst_processing_system7_0_100M/peripheral_reset];

I have read UG1146 2016.2 edition and this is what I have come up with

source -notrace F:/Xilinx/SDSoC/2016.2/scripts/vivado/sdsoc_pfm.tcl
sdsoc::create_pfm Fir_hw.pfm
set pfm [sdsoc::create_pfm Fir_hw.pfm]
sdsoc::pfm_name $pfm "Xilinx" "xd" "zc701" "1.0"
sdsoc::pfm_description $pfm "Zynq ZC701 Board"
sdsoc::pfm_clock $pfm FCLK_CLK0 processing_system7_0 0 true rst_processing_system7_0_100M
sdsoc::pfm_axi_port $pfm M_AXI_GP0 processing_system7_0 M_AXI_GP

Is this correct?. I want to use the XADC in SDSOC, and then eventually program an FIR filter first in PS, and then in PL comparing their performances

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSOC Platform with XADC

Jump to solution

Hi zer0c00l,

This platform looks very similar to the zc702_led example platform that also has a PS accessed AXI-Lite slave (in that case its a GPIO, but still similar accessing interface to the XADC). Check out the UG1146 Example: Software Control of Platform IP starting on page 47 (2016.2 version http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug1146-sdsoc-platforms-and-libraries.pdf). This guide walks you though step-by-step in creating a platform including the tcl commands.

Hope that helps.

Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer zer0c00l
Observer

Jump to solution

Here is my Vivado design (also 2016.2)vivado design.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi zer0c00l,

This platform looks very similar to the zc702_led example platform that also has a PS accessed AXI-Lite slave (in that case its a GPIO, but still similar accessing interface to the XADC). Check out the UG1146 Example: Software Control of Platform IP starting on page 47 (2016.2 version http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug1146-sdsoc-platforms-and-libraries.pdf). This guide walks you though step-by-step in creating a platform including the tcl commands.

Hope that helps.

Sam

0 Kudos
Visitor issam_1987
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem but i use Red Pitaya Board which has the same FPGA like Zybo. Red pitaya has 4 Analog Interfaces(2 Inputs and 2 Outputs). I would like to generate a signal and to send it out with XADC. I use Linux and i generated all the boot files. But i dont know what should i do to generate the files into "arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi" the header file and the static library.
Can i use the same files in zc702_led?

Maybe i should use the C-Callable libraries, but i think it is complicated. Is there any anthor way to solve my problem.

Is there any samples or any examples can help me.

Thank you

Issam

0 Kudos