UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bizhi
Visitor

SDSOC on ZC702

hello:

I want use the sdsoc develepment enrironment on my zc702 board ,and I want to use the FMC capture the video and HDMI display it ,the input video is 1080p60 and the output video is also 1080p60,but in the system I dupicate the input video,one deal with image IP and display directly , one pass to the DDR3 and then the PS deal the video in the DDR3 and caculate the parameter to adjust the image IP in the video display .

Now because the input and output video is 1080P60,but the image process in the PS was not need 1080P60,it only need to deel the image in a very slowly rate such as 0.1 frame per secend.in this case ,can I use the sdsoc ?

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSOC on ZC702

SDSoC is a development tool. What exactly are you concerned about using it? Based on this description, I can't see any reason why you couldn't use it. It would probably be very useful to you.

Check out the various HDMI example platforms in the SDSoC install. I think they will help you get started.

www.xilinx.com
Observer abdelkader
Observer

Hello,

I want to use SDSOC to create a video streaming or acquisition systeme and implement it on ZC702.

Are there any tutorial or documentation for how to use SDSOC to create such design?

I have another question, is it possible to integrate a buided vivado design on SDSOC environment ?

Thank you.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

There are really 3 main SDSoC documents that you'll want to know about:

UG1028 - Getting Started Guide

UG1027 - User guide

UG1146 - Platforms and libraries guide

Each one has some examples relevant to the material.

You'll also want to know about the samples:

C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2015.2\samples

and particularly the example platforms:

C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2015.2\samples\platforms

There are a few different video platforms there that run on the zc702.

I have another question, is it possible to integrate a buided vivado design on SDSOC environment ?

Yes. When you build your 'platform' (which is important SDSoC nomenclature), you essentially build this directly in Vivado. Then you tag various signals/interfaces for use when exported to SDSoC for building the app. So you can take your existing vivado design, open it with the Vivado instance from the SDSoC install, you can then tag it with SDSoC specifc stuff and export it as a platform. More details in UG1146

www.xilinx.com