UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDSoC Application project settings

Hi,

I make use of SDSoC 2018.2 where I am unable to debug the program. I can select the active build configuration as release and debug. However, I cannot make a selection in the Target: It is only hardware. And, even if I make selection for estimate performance /Enable event tracing/Insert AXI performance monitor nothing emerges on the screen instead the compilation falls into errors saying Please contact Xilinx  for assistance. Besides, the Emulation model option is disabled.

I am unable to comprehend as why I am not allowed to make the selection. I want to debug my program using the emulator but isn't possible. Can someone please help me know how can I make it working right?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoC Application project settings

If you are using platforms included in the SDx installation, they include the necessary data to support emulation in the SDx GUI, with the ARM executable running in QEMU and the PL running in the Vivado Simulator.

If you are using a platform and the emulation option is grayed out in the SDx GUI, then the most likely cause is the platform does not contain data required for emulation support, for example QEMU input files.

0 Kudos