UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDSoC Crashing during launch

I can pass the point where I select a workspace, but right when Eclipse based IDE launches and I see the "Validating license" message on the bottom right, program crashes without an error message. I am trying to use SDSoC with the same floating Vivado System edition license that my company has. My sys-admin said it should work with what we have. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: SDSoC Crashing during launch

Also, I have tried to open a service request regarding this matter, but no matter how much I tried I could not get the service request form to process and give me a valid service request number and now my account is locked and I am advised to wait until a Xilinx service person contacts me...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi digitalzimbie

You need an SDSoC specific license. It is not included in the standard "Vivado System Edition" license.

Can you post a screenshot of the Vivado license manager showing all of the licenses available?

Sam
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I'm guessing that the SDSoC GUI is exiting, rather than crashing, when the SDSoC license is not found (as noted in the previous post, you do need an SDSoC license). Normally though, you should see a dialog like the one below and when you click OK, the GUI exits.

license.png

0 Kudos