UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie johnkost

SDSoC Environment Tuning

I've just installed the latest SDSoC environment (WIN7) and everything works as it should.

However, my E5 Xeon (16 Hyperthreads/64Gb RAM/SSD) doesn't really seem to be exceeding 10% (CPU/RAM) utilization during a full compile workflow and the simple examples take some time to complete. My productivity will get a boost from the move to C/C++, but the drawn out compiles (especially as my codebase explodes) is gonna kill me.

Can somebody point me to best-practises (tuning) to make this whole SDSoC workflow highly productive?

Regards.

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SDSoC Environment Tuning

There is a environment user guide for SDSOC.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_2/ug1027-intro-to-sdsoc.pdf

You can check if this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoC Environment Tuning

Hi John,

One important note is that you can selectively enable the re-building of a bitstream. So if your accelerators and platform are stable (i.e. you only rarely need to change that part of your code), you can disable the option to generate a bitstream (-mno-bitstream flag or the checkbox in the GUI). As long as you are only changing the portion of the software that targets the ARM, then it will only need to re-compile the elf and the builds will be much faster.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos