UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDSoC custom platform problem

hello all!

I have been trying to creat my own SDSoC platform this week.

I got my *_hw.pfm and *_sw.pfm files, and I tested the pfm files in SDSoC terminal:

sdsoc_err2.gif

But when I built my SDSoC project, I found that it differed a lot from the porject built on default platforms, as follow:

sdsoc_err1.gif

I suppose something wrong with my platform, but how to find the platform problem and correct them?

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

FIY:My platform is a standalone platform without linux or RTOS.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoC custom platform problem

Hello,

Have you seen the pf_axis example?
C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2015.2\samples\platforms\pf_axis

It walks you through exactly how to create and integrate new platforms. I'd recommend starting with it. The tutorial for it is in UG1146
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help!

I've tried  the pf_axis example. I followed the readme.txt  step by step, and I got the pf_axis platform directory.

pf_axis.gif

But the SDSoC project built on this pf_axis platform seems not correct.

pf_axis_2.gifpf_axis_3.gif 

Is there any way to check my operation error? I can not find any .log file or message about this problem in my SDSoC environment. Maybe something wrong with my environment? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I did some checking into this.

Unfortunately, custom platform that export AXIS interfaces to SDSoC compiler are only supported in makefile flows. The GUI has some issue and it's not supported now.

It is resolved in the next release of SDSoC which will be 2015.2.1 soon.

Sorry for the trouble.
www.xilinx.com