UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor myay
Visitor

SDSoC profiling in emulator - ERROR: Counter physical address not mapped yet!

Hello,

I am using the SDSoC Enviroment 2018.3 to develop an application for the zedboard. When using the emulator with profiling (with sds_util.h header) I get the following error during emulation: "ERROR: Counter physical address not mapped yet! ", and it appears twice. It appears during the call of start() and stop(). What does this mean and how can I solve this problem ?

My code structure is as follows:

sds_utils::perf_counter hw_ctr, sw_ctr;

for (int runs = 0; runs < NLOOP; runs++) {
  sw_ctr.start();
  // sw funtion calls
  sw_ctr.stop();
}

uint64_t sw_cycles = sw_ctr.avg_cpu_cycles();

Best,

Mikail

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoC profiling in emulator - ERROR: Counter physical address not mapped yet!

Hi @myay

I am testing this scenario at my end.

I will update you in a while.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoC profiling in emulator - ERROR: Counter physical address not mapped yet!

Hi @myay

I tested it at my end using below example which has same code, I did not see the issue.

https://github.com/Xilinx/SDSoC_Examples/blob/master/cpp/getting_started/array_partition/src/main.cpp

If possible, share your project in a personal message or I can provide you the option to share it in most secured way via Xilinx utility EZMOVE. I will analyse the code.

Basically, it is memory allocation issue.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Visitor myay
Visitor

If it is difficult to solve the problem, does measuring time with chrono in SDSoC produce reliable results ?

0 Kudos
Visitor myay
Visitor

I couldn't find the problem, but if anyone faces a similar issue, the use of the sds_clock_counter() call to measure time works.