UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bradconn114
Visitor

SDSoC trace events

Hello,

I am using SDSoC 2017.2 and am unable to get trace events working. I am using a zybo board connected via ethernet and uart. I boot off of an SD card and am able to run the program off of the SD card. I have event tracing enabled and everything compiles fine  and I can run the program using a serial connection, or step through the code using the SDSoC debugging view (when Trace is not selected in the run configuration).

When Trace is enabled in run configuration however it will say "Linux Agent: Disconnected" after a few seconds and there is no output on the Performance analysis view. I see many other people have had issues with the trace events but none of their questions have gotten me any closer to getting it to work. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you

Bradley

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: SDSoC trace events

Hi Bradley,

Please follow the instructions carefully in UG1028 on page 50:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug1028-sdsoc-intro-tutorial.pdf

Step f on page 53 explicitly describes how to set up the Linux Agent. 

Sam

0 Kudos
Visitor bradconn114
Visitor

Hello Sam,

Thank you for the help! I followed the guide as best as I could. I do not think it is an issue with the Linux TCF agent as the test connection works. In one of the steps it says "Run As→Trace Application (SDSoC Debugger)" which is not an option for me. I created my own configuration and enabled Trace. The program seems to run fine but from the SDx log I get

00:33:21 INFO : Successfully connected to 127.0.0.1
00:33:30 ERROR : Failed to collect trace for project 'example'. Reason: Could not find FPGA device on the board for connection 'Linux Agent'.

Troubleshooting hints:
1. Check whether board is connected to system properly.
1. In case of zynq board, check whether Digilent/Xilinx cable switch settings are correct.
1. If you are using Xilinx Platform Cable USB, ensure that status LED is green.

I can connect over the serial line using the console and testing the Linux agent says it connects so I think #1 is satisfied

I don't understand what #2 is saying.

I am just using a standard USB cable but I can connect and run everything over a serial connection so I think #3 is fine.

I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks again.

Bradley

0 Kudos
Visitor bec5030
Visitor

Hello,

I know this is a little late but I was able to get event tracing to work by switching to windows.

Bradley

0 Kudos