UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dereksin
Visitor

SDSoc for pin assignment

I am now evaluating the SDSoc on zc702. I have read a lot of user guide, and followed some experiment. I encoutered a problem, creating pin and assign its location. May I create a parameter on main function, which are the pins on FPGA? and also assign their pin locations? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDSoc for pin assignment

No, the pin locations are defined in the hardware platform. You can't specify them from your software at this time.

Refer to UG1146 for info on creating hardware platforms.
www.xilinx.com
Visitor dereksin
Visitor

bwiec, thank you for your reply.

Could you teach how to create pin in the design (ie the level of coding, 'C'-main program)

I do not need change the location, as long as the pin name can be mapped to my design, ie main function of C. Could you please share the method. Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

Moving to Embedded Development Tools board as it is the correct location for all SDSoC queries.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the tutorial in Chapter 5 of UG1146. The pf_axis example (in the SDSoC install) walks you through how to create a custom C-callable IP which connects to pins on the FPGA to the outside world. It then integrates this IP into a hardware platform which you use when creating your software project (note that the actual pin location will be locked down to the hardware platform. So if you do need to change its location, you would need to change the hardware platform.).

Essentially, you create a custom IP with the proper interfaces marked for SDSoC utilization. From there, you create software stubs which implement reading/writing of the IP via the interfaces using the appropriate data movers. Then you can call those functions from software to pass data to/from the IP and finally to the FPGA pin to the outside world.

Is this what you mean?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor dereksin
Visitor

hi Bwiec,

I cannot find UG1146, by google and the www.xilinx.com. Could you please share with me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

It's in the SDSoC install
C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2014.4\docs
www.xilinx.com