UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer adrian.n
Observer

SDx 2018.2 failed to create application project

I just installed SDx 2018.2_0614_1954 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

If I go through the following tutorial, I never get to the System Configuration window or the Template window: https://github.com/Xilinx/SDSoC-Tutorials/blob/master/getting-started-tutorial/lab-1-introduction-to-the-sdsoc-development-environment.md

SDx seems to stay on the Platform window, and then when I click Finish, I get the message "Failed to create application project. See SDx log for details. The logfile is pasted below.

This seems like a broken installation to me. I did uninstall a previous version of Vivado before I installed SDx 2018.2. However, even after installing and re-installing SDx, it still is not fixed.

---

logfile:

19:45:07 INFO  : Launching XSCT server: xsct.bat -n -sdx -interactive C:\Users\HEP\Desktop\sdx_wkspc\temp_xsdb_launch_script.tcl
19:45:08 INFO  : Registering command handlers for SDx TCF services
19:45:08 INFO  : Registering command handlers for SDK TCF services
19:45:18 INFO  : Validating SDSoC License...
19:45:18 INFO  : License for SDSoC is unavailable
19:45:18 INFO  : Validating SDAccel License...
19:45:18 INFO  : License available for SDAccel
19:45:23 INFO  : XSCT server has started successfully.
19:45:29 INFO  : plnx-install-location is set to ''
19:45:29 INFO  : Successfully done setting XSCT server connection channel  
19:45:29 INFO  : Successfully done setting SDK workspace  
19:45:55 ERROR : Failed to create application project
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.xilinx.sdsoc.ui.project.SDXProjectCreationHandler.<init>(SDXProjectCreationHandler.java:64)
    at com.xilinx.sdx.npw.SDXApplicationCreationHandler.createApplicationProject(SDXApplicationCreationHandler.java:144)
    at com.xilinx.sdx.npw.SDXApplicationCreationHandler.internalExecute(SDXApplicationCreationHandler.java:244)
    at com.xilinx.sdx.npw.SDXApplicationCreationHandler.access$0(SDXApplicationCreationHandler.java:225)
    at com.xilinx.sdx.npw.SDXApplicationCreationHandler$1.execute(SDXApplicationCreationHandler.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.lambda$0(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:107)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2240)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2267)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer adrian.n
Observer

Re: SDx 2018.2 failed to create application project

It seems like this was an issue with SDx not finding the SDAccel license (see: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDAccel/SDx-missing-templates-screenshot/m-p/876518/highlight/true#M2305). After I refreshed my license server, I was able to progress to the Template window.

0 Kudos
Visitor wuzer57
Visitor

Re: SDx 2018.2 failed to create application project

360截图17060304868384.png

The SDAccel™ Development Environment can only  run on Linux operating systems