UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor apache_cd
Visitor

Use Sdsoc with Zedboard on Ubuntu 16.04 problem.

Hi,  I am trying to run a sdsoc application on zedboard with ubuntu 16.04,  And when i try to execute the .elf , it shows 

"ERROR: unable to open xlnk".

There steps are i have done:

1. i first download the img file form koheron (https://www.koheron.com/software-development-kit/documentation/ubuntu-zynq/), it looks like a ubuntu for zedboard. and burn to the sd card.

2. I create a sdsoc project for zedboard and target to linux ,and i unchecked the "generate sd" option. and build it .

3. i got two files called  app6.elf and app6.elf.bit. and copy it to the sd card i already made for the zedboard, put it into the /home.

4. i executed cat ./app6.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg and the leds on zedboard had a flash.  The PL looks like programed.

5. And i execute the app6.elf, it shows "ERROR: unable to open xlnk"

Did i missing something ?

If i want to run the appliciton on ubuntu , do i need do something to config the kernel or install something like driver for the zedboard ?

I am newbie to sdsoc , sorry for stupid questions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Use Sdsoc with Zedboard on Ubuntu 16.04 problem.

Hi,

When you build your own OS (ie. not using the ones in the built-in platforms) you need to make sure to include the XLNK driver when you compile the kernel. There are instructions for doing this in petalinux in UG1146.

Sam
0 Kudos
Visitor apache_cd
Visitor

Thank you very much for your advices.

With a few days trying , I built a new kernel with XLNK drivers with it, and rootfs is ubuntu 16.04. ( I can found  /dev/xlnk device and use cat xxxx.bit > /dev/xdevcfg can programe the PL. the done led on board will on.)

when i built a sdsoc linux application. and i get a  app1.elf.bit file and app1.elf file.

I try to cat app1.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg  successfully. but when i try to run app1.elf. the program will hang.

In my opinion. The sdsoc appliction have two parts. the pl code (bit file ) and the ps code (elf file) . I can run the ps code if i already load the pl code on the linux with apf driver. is that right ?   and what may the problem is ?

0 Kudos
Visitor twlee2
Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same problem and luckily found this forum.

Have you solved this issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos