cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Use Sdsoc with Zedboard on Ubuntu 16.04 problem.

Hi,  I am trying to run a sdsoc application on zedboard with ubuntu 16.04,  And when i try to execute the .elf , it shows 

"ERROR: unable to open xlnk".

There steps are i have done:

1. i first download the img file form koheron (https://www.koheron.com/software-development-kit/documentation/ubuntu-zynq/), it looks like a ubuntu for zedboard. and burn to the sd card.

2. I create a sdsoc project for zedboard and target to linux ,and i unchecked the "generate sd" option. and build it .

3. i got two files called  app6.elf and app6.elf.bit. and copy it to the sd card i already made for the zedboard, put it into the /home.

4. i executed cat ./app6.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg and the leds on zedboard had a flash.  The PL looks like programed.

5. And i execute the app6.elf, it shows "ERROR: unable to open xlnk"

Did i missing something ?

If i want to run the appliciton on ubuntu , do i need do something to config the kernel or install something like driver for the zedboard ?

I am newbie to sdsoc , sorry for stupid questions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Use Sdsoc with Zedboard on Ubuntu 16.04 problem.

Hi,

When you build your own OS (ie. not using the ones in the built-in platforms) you need to make sure to include the XLNK driver when you compile the kernel. There are instructions for doing this in petalinux in UG1146.

Sam
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you very much for your advices.

With a few days trying , I built a new kernel with XLNK drivers with it, and rootfs is ubuntu 16.04. ( I can found  /dev/xlnk device and use cat xxxx.bit > /dev/xdevcfg can programe the PL. the done led on board will on.)

when i built a sdsoc linux application. and i get a  app1.elf.bit file and app1.elf file.

I try to cat app1.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg  successfully. but when i try to run app1.elf. the program will hang.

In my opinion. The sdsoc appliction have two parts. the pl code (bit file ) and the ps code (elf file) . I can run the ps code if i already load the pl code on the linux with apf driver. is that right ?   and what may the problem is ?

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same problem and luckily found this forum.

Have you solved this issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos