UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rkedia20
Visitor

Waveform dump from SDSoC

Hi,

I am using SDSoC tool and successfully able to synthesize functions on the hardware. But I want to get some more understanding of the transactions happening over between software and hardware and for this I want to observe the waveforms (activities at the boundary of the hardware module). Has anyone been able to do so and if yes, could you please guide me on the same?

--rajesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Waveform dump from SDSoC

Hi Rajesh,

You will need to open the IPI diagram and insert ILAs manually to see waveforms at this level. The project you want is in the SDDebug/_sds/p0/ipi directory.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor rkedia20
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of ILAs based approach, but I was thinking can we do better. I am not sure how many ILAs could I add, definitely it will be dependent on remaining number of logic in PL, right?

To give another use case, I am interested in calculating power details using IPI. As of now, I am able to get the vectorless information with the IPI project exported by SDSoC. I wanted to get more accurate power details by providing vector information. Could you suggest any other flow for this?

--rajesh

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hmmm, I don't personally have any other suggestions how to get that info. You might be better off waiting for someone else to respond or posting to one of the 'Programmable Devices' or 'Zynq All Programmable SoC' boards to get some more informed suggestions by folks who are more familiar with this kind of power testing than myself.

But to answer your specific question, yes you will be limited in the number of ILAs based on the amount of unused logic (usually BRAM is the limiting factor) you have leftover in the PL.

Simulation won't work because there is no way to simulate the PS running your full software stack.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hardware/software event tracing is available in the 2016.1 release and provides a detailed view of what's happening in the system. The SDSoC environment trace view enables event tracing of software running on the processor, as well as hardware accelerators and data transfer links in the system.

For additional information on this feature, see the "Hardware/Software Event Tracing" chapter in the SDSoC Environment User Guide (UG1027) and the "Hardware/Software Event Tracing" tutorial in the SDSoC Environment Getting Started Guide (UG1028).

0 Kudos