cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnfrye11
Explorer
Explorer

ZCU104 with Optical Flow Demo (Revision) Boot

Hello, I am unsure how to interpret the directions for the ZCU reVISION TRD demo.

Should I be able to follow the directions under section 6 and boot the board with a Putty terminal connected via microUSB to USB?

I have copied all files from the 

filter2d: ./<platform>/sd_card/filter2d 

directory onto a single partition SD Card formatted FAT 32.

I have set up the hardware as shown in the ZCU104 diagram with the exception of the boot mode switch, which is exactly the opposite orientation as the one shown. Please note that when trying to boot with the boot mode switches in the position shown in the documentation the DONE LED remains red after flipping the on switch. However, when changing the switches to the opposite orientation the DONE LED goes green after a short delay. 

On my Ubuntu laptop there appear three different ttyUSB devices in the /dev directory numbered 0-2. I am sure these driver instances were loaded after the board was switched on with the USB cable having been attached to my laptop. I have tried starting a serial connection to these devices through PUTTY, then restarting the board. However, when the board boots, there is no message from UBOOT or the operating system which should be loaded thereafter. Also, the monitor attached to the system gets no signal. I am confused about the workflow of this TRD. Do I need to build the application in the SDx, then load it onto the board through microUSB? Do I need to boot the operating system before doing this (which I have been unable to do thus far). Am I partitioning the card incorrectly. (To boot PetaLinux I am used to creating three partitions, one for BOOT.BIN, one for image.ub, and one for the Linux device tree.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diego73
Adventurer
Adventurer

The /dev/ttyUSB0 is for JTAG, /dev/ttyUSB1 is the uart output from A53 subsystem, and /dev/ttyUSB2 for R5 subsystem. Check you are using the right one and that you have proper permissions to open such devices.
You could also try to login by SSH instead.
/* Don't forget to give kudos and/or accept as a solution */
0 Kudos
diego73
Adventurer
Adventurer

Also,
(To boot PetaLinux I am used to creating three partitions, one for BOOT.BIN, one for image.ub, and one for the Linux device tree.)

The BOOT BIN and image.ub should be in the same partition, no in separated one. Image.ub is the ramdisk
/* Don't forget to give kudos and/or accept as a solution */
0 Kudos
emu
Observer
Observer

Please have a look at the picture at:

https://github.com/Xilinx/Revision-Getting-Started-Guide/blob/master/operating-instructions.md

And, I can't ever remember which one of the /ttys is the right one, so I open a Putty on all four, until I'm sure I got the right one ;-)

0 Kudos