UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie habib1

creating software plateform for sdsoc

Hello! i am starter for xilinx and i need your help,

i'm using the SDSoC environment, after using petalinux, i'm going to create the 'sw.pfm' file for SDSoC, but i don't have ideas about generating this file, can you help me please?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: creating software plateform for sdsoc

0 Kudos
Newbie habib1

hi,

yes i'm referencing to this document, but i don't know when i should insert '<xd:libraryFiles' and when i should insert more than one '<xd:bootFiles' ?

best regards.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think you have to add them in compiler options using -I and -L switches.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Typically, you create one xd:bootFiles element for each OS your platform supports. For example, if your platform supports Linux (sdscc/sds++ -target-os linux option) and standalone (sdscc/sds++ -target-os standalone option), create one xd:bootFiles element with xd:os="linux" and one xd:bootFiles element with xd:os="standalone". For Linux, you typically also define values for xd:bif, xd:devicetree, xd:linuxImage and xd:ramdisk.

The xd:libraryFiles element is used when your software platform contains libraries, header files or other files required to compile and link the applications that run on your platform.

For example, if your software platform contains libraries (located in a subfolder of your platform) required to link the ELF, specify the xd:libDir value with the path to the folder containing the libraries (multiple paths can be separated by the colon character ':'). When SDSoC links your application, it adds -L <path_specified_by_xd:libDir> option for you. The user can specify -l <library_name> in the SDSoC GUI or makefile to specify platform libraries, or if xd:libName is defined, SDSoC will add -l <library_specified_by_xd:libName> as a linker option.

Similarly, include paths for header files found in the platform can be specified using xd:includeDir.

For descriptions of the software platform elements and schema, see the document "SDSoC Environment Platforms and Libraries (UG1146)" Chapter 2  SDSoC platforms.

0 Kudos