UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

stubs-soft.h error

Jump to solution

hi,

I have created my own hardware and software(petailnux) platform for ZEDBOARD in order to use opencv. as a first step I used matrix multiplication and addition source code for test the platform and hardware performance. If I use source code without hardware accelaration it compile without any problem but if I export addition and multiplication functions to the hardware I cannot compile and I get following error, I have been reading about this problem here and here. But I am not using any opencv function here. how can I overcome this issue, please help.

thanks

here is the error

D:/rootfs/usr/include\gnu/stubs-32.h:7:11: fatal error: 'gnu/stubs-soft.h' file not found

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: stubs-soft.h error

Jump to solution

Hi @1ymw1 

It is absolutely correct

When set to 1, in Vivado HLS add_files commands, insert -targetand Arm GNU toolchain include options in addition to -m32 or -m64 options.

When set to 0, insert -m32 or -m64options.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/sdsoc_doc/hardware-function-options-icf1504034400618.html

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

the problem is solved by inluding  "-hls-target 1"  to sds++ compiler..... inferred options... software platform..., according to suggestion in here . I dont know this is a good practice or not. If I am wrong please correct me.

thanks

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @1ymw1 

It is absolutely correct

When set to 1, in Vivado HLS add_files commands, insert -targetand Arm GNU toolchain include options in addition to -m32 or -m64 options.

When set to 0, insert -m32 or -m64options.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/sdsoc_doc/hardware-function-options-icf1504034400618.html

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution