UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie meghanadk

suggestion for Object Detection on Zynq hardware: initial stage

Hello,

I am starting a project for object detection and recognition on my Zynq hardware. I came across several libraries from Xilinx (like CHaiDNN, etc.). There are many trained networks available like AlexNet, VGG, SSD, etc. My question is: does it also support transfer learning? Can I use one of the available pre-trained network like SSD, train it with a few images of faces and expect the model to have learnt to detect faces? I want to know if CHaiDNN supports that.  

I am also aware that a model trained on Caffe can be ported on Zynq hardware. 

Additionally, if anyone here is aware of TensorFlow, I currently use the Object Detection API and customize the model to detect my object of interest (example: faces). Now this is what I’m looking to do on Zynq. 

Which workflow would you recommend? Is it easier for me to train a model on Caffe and port it on my Zynq hardware or should I use something like CHaiDNN? 

If it helps: my trained model should work on Zynq based hardware, bare-metal, and the task would be to detect only one or two objects (cat / face / hand)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: suggestion for Object Detection on Zynq hardware: initial stage

On Tensorflow on Zynq:
Here is a tutorial for "Installing Tensorflow on PYNQ FPGA". Link: Hackster IO

Regards,
krishna@logictronix.com
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @meghanadk

It will be easier to use your SSD caffe model in CHaiDNN, as CHaiDNN library provides you APIs for processing, read/write, execution.  

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Newbie meghanadk

@nutang and @krishnagaihre, thanks for your response.
Please confirm if this model can be trained again using images with object of interest (example: faces) (Transfer learning) if I use CHaiDNN with caffe.
If yes, please direct me to useful resources which shows how I can re-use any of the CHaiDNN pre-trained models.
0 Kudos