Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Analysis of IBERT eyescan results and ways to improve it

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Am i right to say that a good eyescan result has a horizontal margin error of (+- 0.15 UI) and vertical margin error of (+- 30 voltage code) ?

I have done a copper link loopback on ZCU111 evaluation board using Samtec firefly. Below is my eyescan result of copper wire channel. My settings are indicated in the picture below. Anyways to improve my eyescan result ?

ibert setting.PNG
ibert setting2.PNG
eyescan copper wire.PNG
92908873_222466119075891_7203537299382992896_n.jpg
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Analysis of IBERT eyescan results and ways to improve it

Jump to solution

Do a scan with 10^9 samples.  It looks like yours has more.  It is a close call on whether it is wide enough so use vertical and horizontal increments of 1.  You have the ability to change the emphasis and amplitude and it looks like you could move the signal back to the right by changing those settings.  Probably you just want to do a some sweeps to find the best set up. You should also see whether PMA equalization gives you a better result.  The equalization is auto adapting so there isn't anything else to adjust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Analysis of IBERT eyescan results and ways to improve it

Jump to solution

Do a scan with 10^9 samples.  It looks like yours has more.  It is a close call on whether it is wide enough so use vertical and horizontal increments of 1.  You have the ability to change the emphasis and amplitude and it looks like you could move the signal back to the right by changing those settings.  Probably you just want to do a some sweeps to find the best set up. You should also see whether PMA equalization gives you a better result.  The equalization is auto adapting so there isn't anything else to adjust.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post