cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Any documentation on AXI peripheral IPs?

Jump to solution

Is there any user guide or document to go through to develop an AXI peripheral IP with the IP packager?

I'm fairly familiar with AXI and I can access the spec, what I'd like is something additional to the raw HDL files that Vivado creates.

not a blocker, but I just feel I'm reverse-engineering source code, which is not the ideal situation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jcabel 

The templates are just including registers and the logic to read and write to it. You just need to create your own logic to connect to this register to read and write them from inside the IP

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

HI @jcabel 

What exactly are you trying to do? The HDL from the IP packager is fairly basic just to get you started.

Florent
Explorer
Explorer

objective: develop an IP with an AXI peripheral. Maybe I'm old school, but I cannot (or not my favourite) work without a minimum of documentation.

Yes, the HDL created by the IP packager is basic, and so any guideline could be as well.

0 Kudos

Hi @jcabel 

The templates are just including registers and the logic to read and write to it. You just need to create your own logic to connect to this register to read and write them from inside the IP

Florent

View solution in original post