Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akozak
Observer
Observer

Aurora 64b/66b turn off GTY

Jump to solution

We have a design where the system auto detects if N Aurora channels are up.  For each channels that isn't up after 3 seconds, we want to turn off the Aurora core.  We successfully have done this, but it seems as if the GTY TX is still flipping and the Aurora documentation even states that power down doesn't power down the GTY.  We have a very sensitive receiver and for the sake of not having anything running that isn't necessary, we would like to shut down the transceiver.  Is there anyway to do this without generating the Aurora core without the GT?  I can't use the clock enable on the GT BUFG since I don't want to turn off all of the channels.  Due to the board already being made, we are using one quad for 1 lane per aurora lane for a total of 7 channels..

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akozak
Observer
Observer

I went ahead and locked the IP according to AR 57546 and made the following changes:

example_design/<IP_NAME>_gt.v

Added inputs for txpd and rxpd

example_design/<IP_NAME>_multi_wrapper.v

Added power down input that ties to txpd and rxpd in the _gt_i component

example_design/<IP_NAME>_master_wrapper.v

Connect the POWERDOWN_IN input to the powerdown input created in the multi_gt_i component

Note: You also need to make the changes to the synth and sim sources.

UPDATE: Works in simulation.  I will set this as the solution for now until I can verify in hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
akozak
Observer
Observer

I went ahead and locked the IP according to AR 57546 and made the following changes:

example_design/<IP_NAME>_gt.v

Added inputs for txpd and rxpd

example_design/<IP_NAME>_multi_wrapper.v

Added power down input that ties to txpd and rxpd in the _gt_i component

example_design/<IP_NAME>_master_wrapper.v

Connect the POWERDOWN_IN input to the powerdown input created in the multi_gt_i component

Note: You also need to make the changes to the synth and sim sources.

UPDATE: Works in simulation.  I will set this as the solution for now until I can verify in hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos