UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Aurora cannot lock

Jump to solution

I have an Aurora-IP in blockdesign. The line-rate of aurora configured to 5Gbps.

I have a 100MHz, low jitter clock input on my (custom) board, which is connected to the transceiver reference clock input. My problem is that the gt_pll_lock_out is low and (therefore) there is no clock on user_clk_out.

I monitor the CORE_STATUS (channel_up, gt_pll_lock, hard_err, lane_up, mmcm_not_locked_out) pins of the Aurora-IP (with an ILA). Only the mmcm_not_locked_out is high, other pins (including gt_pll_lock) is low.

I instantiated two counters on the clock outputs of the IP. The first driven by gt_refclk1_out (100MHz), which counts as expected. (So the clock is on the reference clock pin.) The other counter driven by user_clk_out (78.125MHz), which stalls at zero.

We have checked that the MGTVCCAUX powered by an 1.8V source.

What should I check?

I use:

• Vivado 2016.3
  • Win-7
  • 7Series Zynq (xc7z030sbg485-2) on a custom board.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Aurora cannot lock

Jump to solution

Now everything is working as expected.

The problem was that the init_clk depends on the user_clk_out, and therefore the mmcm could not lock. I connected the init_clk to an independent clock source and now the aurora can lock.

2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Now everything is working as expected.

The problem was that the init_clk depends on the user_clk_out, and therefore the mmcm could not lock. I connected the init_clk to an independent clock source and now the aurora can lock.

Jump to solution

Hi @betontalpfa,

thanks for letting us know your able to solve the problem .

Chandra 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos