cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I left serdes power supply group (PSG) and its associated pins unconnected?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using Kintex Ultrascale+ FPGA (xcku13p-ffve900) to draw a PCB. Only one serdes channel in bank 128 need to be used. So I only power up the power supply group with the suffix 'L'. According to the ug576 v1.6 Page 336-337 PCB Design Checklist, the unused pins MGTHRXP[3:0]/MGTHRXN[3:0] and MGTAVTTRCAL/MGTRREF need to be grounded. 

I'm confused that I don’t need to use all the quads in the PSG with the suffix ‘R’ (bank 228,229,230 in xcku13p),  can I leave all pins of these banks unconnected?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi wubo123@mail.ustc.edu.cn ,

As mentioned in UG576, if an entire PSG is not used by any Quads, tie MGTAVTTRCAL & MGTRREF to ground.
And for unused Receiver's pin (MGTHRXP[3:0]/MGTHRXN[3:0]), if a receiver will never be used under any conditions, connect the associated.

Leaving these pins unconnected/floating is not recommended

Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi wubo123@mail.ustc.edu.cn ,

As mentioned in UG576, if an entire PSG is not used by any Quads, tie MGTAVTTRCAL & MGTRREF to ground.
And for unused Receiver's pin (MGTHRXP[3:0]/MGTHRXN[3:0]), if a receiver will never be used under any conditions, connect the associated.

Leaving these pins unconnected/floating is not recommended

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources

View solution in original post