cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Different protocols for Rx and Tx in same GTH channel?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to use different protocols for Rx and Tx in the same GTH channel?  For example, Rx is JESD204B at 10.24 Gbps and Tx is sFPDP, VITA 17.3 (Interlaken) at 12.48 Gbps.

I made separate transceiver wizard designs for each, but during Implementation, I get a critical warning saying it can't place the GTH transceiver, because there is already one there.

[Vivado 12-2285] Cannot set LOC property of instance 'U_ilkn_x4_gth_source_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3_top.ilkn_x4_gth_source_1_gtwizard_gthe3_inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3.gen_channel_container[26].gen_enabled_channel.gthe3_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gthe3_channel_gen.gen_gthe3_channel_inst[0].GTHE3_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST'... Instance U_ilkn_x4_gth_source_1/inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3_top.ilkn_x4_gth_source_1_gtwizard_gthe3_inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3.gen_channel_container[26].gen_enabled_channel.gthe3_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gthe3_channel_gen.gen_gthe3_channel_inst[0].GTHE3_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST can not be placed in GTHE3_CHANNEL of site GTHE3_CHANNEL_X1Y8 because the bel is occupied by U_hss0/jesd204_phy_1/inst/jesd204_phy_block_i/hss_rx_0_jesd204_phy_0_1_gt_i/inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3_top.hss_rx_0_jesd204_phy_0_1_gt_gtwizard_gthe3_inst/gen_gtwizard_gthe3.gen_channel_container[26].gen_enabled_channel.gthe3_channel_wrapper_inst/channel_inst/gthe3_channel_gen.gen_gthe3_channel_inst[0].GTHE3_CHANNEL_PRIM_INST(port:). This could be caused by bel constraint conflict ["/Project_Ridgeback/Project_Ridgeback.srcs/sources_1/ip/ilkn_x4_gth_source_1/synth/ilkn_x4_gth_source_1.xdc":57]

Is there a command to tell Vivado, that they are the same and should be merged?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @adam_brenchley 

>Is there a command to tell Vivado, that they are the same and should be merged?

Unfortunately Vivado cannot merge transceiver wizard automatically.
You may need to use Transceiver wizard to re-generate TX and RX with a configuration for your JESD204B and Interlaken.

In your current design there are GTH two channel exist ( 2 TX + 2 RX ),  even if you do not use it.

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @adam_brenchley 

>Is there a command to tell Vivado, that they are the same and should be merged?

Unfortunately Vivado cannot merge transceiver wizard automatically.
You may need to use Transceiver wizard to re-generate TX and RX with a configuration for your JESD204B and Interlaken.

In your current design there are GTH two channel exist ( 2 TX + 2 RX ),  even if you do not use it.

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, Leo.  That is the conclusion that I came to as well.

Adam