Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

GTH reference clock phase noise mask band of integration

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to understand if my clock reference is matching GTH phase noise mask specification of the ds892-kintex-ultrascale-data-sheet. Table 54.

What is the max band of integration to consider if I am sourcing a 200 MHz clock frequency to a MGT reference clock input ? 

Also should I keep -130 dBc/Hz value for integration above1 MHz to the max band of integration when using a QPLL ?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @sby38 

>What is the max band of integration to consider if I am sourcing a 200 MHz clock frequency to a MGT reference clock input ?

Please use the following values for 200MHz :
Phase_noise_us.png

>Also should I keep -130 dBc/Hz value for integration above1 MHz to the max band of integration when using a QPLL ?

Yes. (but it should be -133.87 dBc/Hz instead)

BTW, There are many factors that have impact on your Transceiver signal quality transceiver other than REFCLK phase noise ( for example : power-rail noise, channel characteristic , input signal-integrity etc)
So, It is a good thing ensure your REFCLK phase noise is within the value mentioned in Table 54, but please confirm if your IBERT eye-scan result has a wide open eye that satisfy the following eye-mask.
EyeScan_Mask.png

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @sby38 

>What is the max band of integration to consider if I am sourcing a 200 MHz clock frequency to a MGT reference clock input ?

Please use the following values for 200MHz :
Phase_noise_us.png

>Also should I keep -130 dBc/Hz value for integration above1 MHz to the max band of integration when using a QPLL ?

Yes. (but it should be -133.87 dBc/Hz instead)

BTW, There are many factors that have impact on your Transceiver signal quality transceiver other than REFCLK phase noise ( for example : power-rail noise, channel characteristic , input signal-integrity etc)
So, It is a good thing ensure your REFCLK phase noise is within the value mentioned in Table 54, but please confirm if your IBERT eye-scan result has a wide open eye that satisfy the following eye-mask.
EyeScan_Mask.png

Regards
Leo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your quick answer.
Regards
Stéphane