UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

GTP Simulation Speed-up

Jump to solution

I have a design that uses an Artix-7 device, and one GTP transceiver is dedicated to a PCIe implementation. Why does the PCIe simulation come fully functional after less than 100 microseconds of simulation time whereas the other GTPs require 1.3 milliseconds?

This makes it EXTREMELY painful to verify a new design. My simulation times exceed 12 hours on a Windows 7 platform that has a Windows Experience Index of 7.6.

Is there anyway that Xilinx can find a solution? We were spoiled by the Spartan-6 and it feels like a real step backwards moving to the Artix-7.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

回复: GTP Simulation Speed-up

Jump to solution

Turns out that I had changed from using Modelsim to the Vivado simulator, and Vivado was using the synthesis files for simulating the other three GTP transceivers. By changing over to the IP generated "*_sim_netlist.vhd" file in Vivado it solved both problems! The three transceivers are now ready within 50 microseconds from the start of the simulation.

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi @rkfournier

are you using 7 series Intergrated Block for PCI Express IP?

if so, you can select 'Enable PIPE Simulation' option.

It will be much faster.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pipe.png
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Boris,

The PCIe is not the issue, it is the other three GTP transceivers in my design.  All are from the same quad. The gt_txresetdone is completed in 67 microseconds, while the gt_rxresetdone is still not completed even after 1.6 milliseconds of simulation time. What can I do to speed-up the other three GTPs? What is the PCIe doing that I can replicated for the other three transceivers?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Something seems to be wrong with the IP for the other three GTP transceivers. The RXPMARESETDONE is going to an undefined state shortly after the start of simulation. The GTPs are also not generating RX clocks.

I am currently investigating this new issue. 

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Turns out that I had changed from using Modelsim to the Vivado simulator, and Vivado was using the synthesis files for simulating the other three GTP transceivers. By changing over to the IP generated "*_sim_netlist.vhd" file in Vivado it solved both problems! The three transceivers are now ready within 50 microseconds from the start of the simulation.