UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

GTX RX CDR lock

Is there any indication from the GT(X) transceiver that the RX side is locked to data and clock (CDR?)?

I couldn't find any port that can be used for it.

I don't use the buffer in the GT core.

It looks like it doe not matter if the cable that is connected to the transceiver is connected or not, all port show the same output.

My logic most of the time works, but sometimes there are issues with the connection and I get errors on the data.

I noticed that by reserting the support logic, I can fix this issue, but I would like to know if there is any indication from the PHY itself that some thing is wrong or not with the incoming data and\or clock.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: GTX RX CDR lock

There is a port called RXCDRLOCK which has the obvious function (despite being "reserved" in the GTX user guide).    Does this help?

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: GTX RX CDR lock

hi @goychman 

RXCDRLOCK indicates CDR is stable. It could be locked to local frequency or remote partner.

you can also check RXDATA. If RXDATA is valid for a while, it indicates CDR is locked. This is handled by higher level user logic, not inside GT.

If 8b10b is used, you can use the decode error ports (RXNOTINTABLE, RXDISPERR)  to validate the RX data.

Also the following answer record describes another way to indicate CDR status.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66699.html

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you very much for the help but the "RXCDRLOCK" signal is constant high, despite this, I can see that the data might not be valid part of the time.

Is there away for example to know if CDR lock indicets locked to local frequency or to a remote partner?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @goychman 

GT doesn't have indicator to tell if CDR is locked to local or remote.

User logic needs to validate data for implying the CDR lock to remote.

Thanks,

Boris

Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution