Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rami
Visitor
Visitor

GTY Transeiver Configuration Settings

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to configure GTY transceivers to use encoding/decoding 8b10b with a line rate of 10 Gbps. I was wondering what best configuration to use (aurora, xaui,....) and if there is any documentation that helps choose the best configuration?

In addition, when I tried using aurora 8b10b to check the eyescan using the insystem ibert, some channels had a closed eye even though the ibert loads are correct, any clue why would this happen?

Moreover, is it okay to use 8b10b for a 10Gbps system?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roym

8B10B is not a great idea at 10Gbps.  I don't think any protocols do that. It wastes too much bandwidth an the extra problem you run into is that the channel is much more likely to need DFE equalization which isn't compatible with 8b10b unless you pre-scramble. I think aurora 6466 would likely be a good substitute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
Be sure to visit the Resources post periodically to keep up with the latest
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Serial-Transceivers/Serial-Transceiver-Forum-Guidelines-and-Useful-Resources/td-p/1173590

View solution in original post

1 Reply
roym

8B10B is not a great idea at 10Gbps.  I don't think any protocols do that. It wastes too much bandwidth an the extra problem you run into is that the channel is much more likely to need DFE equalization which isn't compatible with 8b10b unless you pre-scramble. I think aurora 6466 would likely be a good substitute.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
Be sure to visit the Resources post periodically to keep up with the latest
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Serial-Transceivers/Serial-Transceiver-Forum-Guidelines-and-Useful-Resources/td-p/1173590

View solution in original post