Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1gandhi
Contributor
Contributor

GTY Wizard settings

capture.PNG

Hi ,

When I reopen the example project which was used to generate the serdes macros using the GTY Wizard, when i want to recustomize the settings, expecially related to the reference clock assignment, the wizard does not extract the earlier settings correctly. It will be better if the wizdard remembers the settings used to generate the earlier version, else there are debug cycles to findount issues in regeneration.

thx

Sameer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
roym

If you can give me an XCI file for the original and describe the process that loses the settings a little better, I'll bring this to the wizard team's attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
Be sure to visit the Resources post periodically to keep up with the latest
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Serial-Transceivers/Serial-Transceiver-Forum-Guidelines-and-Useful-Resources/td-p/1173590
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
s1gandhi
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

this problem is very specific to reference clock selection for tx and rx quad. Any time i modify only the rates, the mgtref clock seleccted earlier changes to some random sources. 

Rgds

Sameer

0 Kudos
s1gandhi
Contributor
Contributor

Another related issue is the value in the QPLL fractional N setting : every time i open the generated IP to reconfigure, the requested reference clock resets to 156. MHz. It will be good if it remembers the previous setting.

0 Kudos