UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Generating GTX example project for any change in IP

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using two GTX transceiver in Kintex 705  board and for that i have Generated Example project for two GTX transceiver and integrated two example project module into my main project.  Every time i have to generate two example project  for any new change in IP(linerate etc ) and flowed by integration of two GTX transceiver module in my main project .

1.Should i need to generate example project for any change in IP??

2. Any alternate method so that i don't need to  generate example project  for any change in IP and direct changes in IP can reflect in example design files in main project??  

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Generating GTX example project for any change in IP

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need to re-generate the example project for every change of the underlying IP. If you simply change the speed of an MGT reference clock, for example, the enveloped IP at the core of the example project will need to be re-generated, but the whole example project won't need to be re-built from scratch.

Many small changes can be handled manually, too. But often, even a single-signal alteration will require several layers of hierarchical modules to change. You have to balance for yourself the effort of manually implementing a change you need, versus re-generating the example project and then re-stitching it into your overall design.

If you're unable to assess the effort required to make the manual changes, your only choice is to re-generate the example project.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Generating GTX example project for any change in IP

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need to re-generate the example project for every change of the underlying IP. If you simply change the speed of an MGT reference clock, for example, the enveloped IP at the core of the example project will need to be re-generated, but the whole example project won't need to be re-built from scratch.

Many small changes can be handled manually, too. But often, even a single-signal alteration will require several layers of hierarchical modules to change. You have to balance for yourself the effort of manually implementing a change you need, versus re-generating the example project and then re-stitching it into your overall design.

If you're unable to assess the effort required to make the manual changes, your only choice is to re-generate the example project.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos