cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hwo to GTH use

Hello, everyone. I use 32 filters to filter, each working at 300 MHz. Now I output 32 signals. I want to use Ultra Scale GTH to combine 32 signals into one 9.6 GHZ signal.
I have seen the use of GTH for several days, but I still can't use it. How can I set it up to achieve it? I hope you can teach me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Hwo to GTH use

Hello @zengqh 

Hmm, It is hard to give you a good advice on it. You did not mentioned
- How much the data bandwith from your 32-filters module.
- Bit width of each 32-filters output
- How many GTH transceiver channel you want to use
- Encoding/Decoding scheme required by your system
- Your partner Device
- etc ....

Please share a picture of the FPGA design you want to build/test, to get a good input from the community.

ALso, perhaps you may intrested to join Xilinx Customer Training.
https://xilinxprod-catalog.netexam.com/Class/93975/classroom-designing-with-xilinx-serial-transceivers
https://xilinxprod-catalog.netexam.com/Class/93968/classroom-designing-with-multi-gigabit-serial-i-o
It will takes time but It is very helpful to give a solid basic knowledge for transceiver.

Thanks
Leo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you reply my question.1 bit width of each and use VCU 108,can you give me some chinese paper?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @zengqh 

Proposal_for_32bit_data_input.png

Suggest you to use Aurora 8B10B Simplex TX to send your data.
See Proposal B above. ( I am assuming that you are using Xilinx device to receive the data)

Please Note that you will need to set line-rate to approx. 13.2 Gbps to transfer your data.

Regards
Leo

Note:
This is Community Forum in Chinese. You may intrested to post some question if you want some help on Chinese.
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/%E8%B5%9B%E7%81%B5%E6%80%9D%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E7%A4%BE%E5%8C%BA%E8%AE%BA%E5%9D%9B/ct-p/Chinese

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very sincerely. I want use GTH to transceive my signal,image.pngthen it is displayed on the oscilloscope, which does not need receiving. When I call the GTH IP core, sending and receiving always appear at the same time, but I don't need receiving. I can't find the setting to turn off receiving. When I use GTH, do I have to switch the clock frequency?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @zengqh 

You didn't clarify your application. What do you need at the output?

Do you need to transmit the data and receive it at another chip or board? or Do you need to transmit the signal as a time-domain signal?

When I call the GTH IP core, sending and receiving always appear at the same time, but I don't need receiving. I can't find the setting to turn off receiving. When I use GTH, do I have to switch the clock frequency?

Yes when you run GTH IP core it is both transmitter and receiver together. You can instantiate the GTH and leave the RX logic undriven and unused.

GTH receives a reference clock (REFCLK) for the transmission at the required bitrate, and a freerun clk (clk_freerun) to run the reset logics and others.

You need to give it both clocks.