UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mphanav
Visitor

IBERT+ and Zync7000 GTX

I am using a Z7035 part and I would like clarification on device support for AR#70915. In the AR the document suggests that only GTH transceivers are supported in the IBERT+ flow. Looking at the referenced XAPP1322  it states that GT debugger will support Series 7 devices. I am having trouble once I get to the "Vector Eyescan and margin analysis" steps (EyeQualification doc) as I receive this error:

source ./insert_gt_dbg/igd_eyescan.tcl

igd_eyescan init cX0Y13

WARNING: [Labtoolstcl 44-226] No matching hw_axi were found

ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'get_property' expects at least one object.

Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

When I look at the HW manager window I do not see hw_axi core listed under the device and as I examine the example IBERT design I do not see any dbg_hub instantiated in the schematic (this however is found in a kintex ultrascale example IBERT design). Does the GT Debugger support Zync 7 series parts and therefore GTX transceivers? Do I need to instantiate anything to the example design and .dcp to proceed with eye qualification?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBERT+ and Zync7000 GTX

Hi @mphanav ,

the scripts should work on 7 series GTX.

So you run through the analyse and modify steps successfully and you do not see the hw_axi detected in HW manager?

Is the IBERT design by itself working correctly?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
Visitor mphanav
Visitor

Hi @eschidl ,

Thanks for the confirmation. You are correct that I do not see the hw_axi detected in HW manager and the IBERT design itself is working correctly (sweeps/scans/etc). If you instantiate the example IBERT design from Xilinx you should be able to see the same thing.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mphanav ,

did you choose a free running clock for the debug clock?

0 Kudos
Visitor mphanav
Visitor

Hi @eschidl ,

Yes I did enable the dclk. See below:

[section clock]

use BUFG/DBG_HUB Frequency Buffer output net
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(If DBG_HUB is present, its input clock should be used. Otherwise debug cores might not be detected.)
y u_ibert_core/inst/SYSCLK_DIVIDER.u_bufg_dclk 100.000 MHz u_ibert_core/inst/dclk
n u_ibert_core/inst/SYSCLK_DIVIDER.u_pre_bufg 200.000 MHz u_ibert_core/inst/sysclk_int_temp

I've actually tried both clocks and neither of them works in bringing up the hw_axi core.

0 Kudos
Newbie mphan

Hi,

Do you have any update on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mphan ,

when you open the checkpoint after insertion (post_igd_hila.dcp), do you see the debug logic added to the design (ibg_bd_jtag2axi2drpgpio) and a dbg_hub inserted?

0 Kudos
Visitor mphanav
Visitor

Yes, we can see the debug logic added in both the post_igd_hila.dcp and igd_impl.dcp checkpoints.

0 Kudos