UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

IBERT version differences, which to use/start with?

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

IBERT version differences, which to use/start with?

I see the IBERT with a complete design guide(w setup steps) for an older Vivado 2014.3:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation-navigation/design-hubs/dh0031-kc705-evaluation-kit-hub.html

with it's files and manuals,

Then I saw that in the 2017 version, 
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf#nameddest=GeneratingAnIBERTCoreUsingTheVivadoIPCatalog,

there is a chapter (13) on serial IO debug with IBERT.

Are these basically the same, can(should?) I still use the 2014.3 based IBERT that I downloaded on the current latest Vivado?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBERT version differences, which to use/start with?

Steps described in UG908 are general and do not target any specific board. The chapter explains how to configure and use the IBERT IP from the IP catalog to match your need.

KC705 reference design is targeting that particular board. Thus the steps described there configure the IBERT IP with the settings specific to that board.

You can follow the steps described in the reference design document to build the design in the latest version of Vivado.

However, the ready to download bitfiles and .tcl files work as provided with either version.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBERT version differences, which to use/start with?

Steps described in UG908 are general and do not target any specific board. The chapter explains how to configure and use the IBERT IP from the IP catalog to match your need.

KC705 reference design is targeting that particular board. Thus the steps described there configure the IBERT IP with the settings specific to that board.

You can follow the steps described in the reference design document to build the design in the latest version of Vivado.

However, the ready to download bitfiles and .tcl files work as provided with either version.