UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer gaurav_ag
Observer

Incorrect Physical resource selection in UltraScale Transceiver Wizard

Jump to solution

Hi 

In my design I have been using a GTH Transceiver generated for Quad 128 for driving Quad 228. 

It seems to be working. 

Can someone please help me understand what is the importance of selecting Quad in the Wizard? 

Thanks

Gaurav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect Physical resource selection in UltraScale Transceiver Wizard

Jump to solution
The GT locations are constrained in the example design by the GT wizard. If you try to move the GT you can run into implementation problems. The reason to select the positions of the GT's in the wizard is so that the wizard can make sure you are following all the positioning rules like not crossing SLR boundaries with an interface.
Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Incorrect Physical resource selection in UltraScale Transceiver Wizard

Jump to solution
The GT locations are constrained in the example design by the GT wizard. If you try to move the GT you can run into implementation problems. The reason to select the positions of the GT's in the wizard is so that the wizard can make sure you are following all the positioning rules like not crossing SLR boundaries with an interface.
Roy

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

0 Kudos