UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dmtutd
Visitor

Incorrect assignment for RXUSRCLK when using multiple GT channels

I used the 7 Series GTX Wizard to create a design that uses two GT channels in my GTX Quad. Both GT channels only use the RX side (TX turned off). One RX channel is a 1.485 Gbps interface while the other is a 2.97 Gbps interface (ie. one will have a 74.25 MHz recovered clock while the other will have a 148.5 MHz recovered clock). When I ran my simulation, I found that both the GT0_RXUSRCLK and G1_RXUSRCLK are the same, so I tracked down the code and found that the GT0_RXUSRCLK_OUT and GT1_RXUSRCLK_OUT outputs (in XXX_usrclk_source.vhd) are both being assigned to gt0_rxusrclk which is the recovered clock from the GT0 channel.

I saw another post regarding the TXOUTCLK having the same issue, but since this is on the RX side, it seems odd that they would do this since I would assume that most applications would use the recovered clock from its appropriate channel.

Is this a bug or is this just standard operating procedure for the wizard and it's up to the user to modify this file?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/GT-Wizard-assigns-GT0-TXOUTCLK-to-all-GT-TXUSRCLK/m-p/594767#M10110

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Incorrect assignment for RXUSRCLK when using multiple GT channels

hi @dmtutd

You may have to generate two GT Channels wrapper with GTX Wizard. It cannot generate the two line rates GT channels at a time.

Please select Shared Logic In "example Design". So the GT common will be placed in example design. You can connect one GT common to the two CT channels.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------